The following postcards/photos on this page
are courtesy of Marge Stoehr & the Shawano Family History Center...Many
James Lutheran School, Shawano was damaged by fire in 1936 and was replcaed
by a much larger building on the same site.
John's Episcopal Church, Shawano was founded July 30, 1876 with the present
building being built in 1895. This photo was taken in 1942, with
services still being conducted in it today (2002)
Commadore Perry, excursion boat on the Marion, Wis. pond. The Northside
Saloon is at the rear right of the scene.
Murdock House in Shawano was on the NW corner of what is now Green Bay
& Main Street. It was built in 1885 but destroyed by fire in
Heart Church and School in Shawano in about 1903. Neither building
survives but the large congregation continues to meet in new structures
at the same location - corners of Main & Center Streets.
County Library built about 1916 through grants funded by the Carnegie Foundation.
This building was at 121 E. Green Bay Street.